Disadvantages of Hard Water:
1. Prevention of lathering with soap and formation of an insoluble scum which results in wastage of soap.
2. Formation of heat insulating scale in water heating vessels – cooking utensils, and boilers resulting in wastages of heat and damage through overheating.
3. Hard water is not suitable in the Paper industry, Textile industry, Sugar industry, and Dyeing industry.
4. Excess hard water causes a bad effect on our digestive system.
5. Certain foodstuffs don’t cook soft in hard water.
6. Hard water is not suitable for the pharmaceutical industry.