Related to Motion:
For the convenience of kinematical study of rest and motion of a body. Some important physical quantities are defined. These are the essential properties that represent the state of rest and motion of a body.
1. Position: The position of an object is defined as its linear distance as well as its direction with respect to a pre-assigned reference point.
2. Displacement: It is defined as the change in position of a moving body in a fixed direction.
3. Speed: The distance traveled by a body in unit time is called its speed.
4. Velocity: The rate of displacement of a body with time is called its velocity.
5. Acceleration: The rate of change of velocity with time is called acceleration.