Advantages of Microprocessor:
1. Computational or processing speed is high.
2. Intelligence has been brought to systems.
3. Automation of industrial processes and office administration.
4. Less number of components, compact in size, and less cost. It is also more reliable.
5. Both operation and maintenance are easier.
6. Since the devices are programmable, there is flexibility to alter the system by changing the software alone.
Disadvantages of Microprocessor:
1. It has limitations on the size of data.
2. The applications are limited by the physical address space.
3. The analog signals cannot be processed directly and digitizing the analog signals introduces errors.
4. Most microprocessors do not support floating-point operations.
5. The speed of execution is slow and so real-time applications are not possible.