Conditions for Hybridisation:
1. Only orbitals of similar energies and belonging to the same atom or ion undergo hybridization. `
2. The number of hybrid orbitals formed is equal to the number of pure orbitals mixed during hybridization. Hybrid orbitals are produced by mixing one s and 3p(px, py, pz) pure orbitals.
3. The hybrid orbitals are distributed in space at a maximum distance apart due to electric repulsions.
4. A hybrid orbital that takes part in bond formation must contain one electron in it.
5. Hybrid bonds are stronger than non-hybrid bonds.
6. Hybrid orbitals follow Hund’s rule and Pauli’s Exclusion principle.